Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 29th, 2023 11:59 p.m.
Salary Range: $25.12-$31.07/hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Benefit Status: Eligible for benefits
Advanced level position responsible for performing law enforcement work to protect life and property, prevent the commission of crimes and preserve peace by functioning as a certified Colorado peace officer in the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or GED; and
· One to two years of progressively responsible related experience; or,
· Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Must be able to work variable hours.
Licenses and Certifications:
· Must possess and maintain Colorado Peace Officers Standards and Training Peace Officer Certification
· Valid Colorado Driver's License
· Firearms Certification
· Radar Certification
· Hazard Materials Certification (depending on assignment)
· First Aid and CPR Certification
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
· Maintains law and order and protects lives and property, including: patrolling assigned zone; making security checks; responding to calls; investigating nature of complaints; investigating illegal or suspicious activities; serving subpoenas and court orders; serving as mediator between parties; detecting and apprehending law violators; conducting searches or persons and property; issuing citations, warnings, etc.; generating reports and completing forms; locating defendants and serving warrants; and transporting or escorting prisoners.
· Responds to vehicle accidents; renders aid to injured persons; requests other assistance; directs traffic.
· Serves as investigator to conduct preliminary investigations of crimes against people and property, including: responding to citizens' complaints of illegal activity; opening cases; gathering information; identifying, collecting, preserving and transporting evidence and property; taking photograph and generating sketches; obtaining and serving arrest and search warrants;
tracing and recovering stolen property; assisting other divisions and agencies; conducting interviews; arresting offenders; conducting video and audio surveillance; and completing various reports and forms.
· Prepares for and testifies in judicial proceedings.
· Assists other officers or agencies by responding to calls and serving as backup.
· Performs maintenance and minor repairs on assigned vehicle and equipment; inspects and tests equipment to assure safety.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Participates in training programs by attending classes, participating in drills, simulations etc., studying County geography and participating in physical training and conditioning programs.
· Reports administrative and/or operational problems to supervisor.
· Performs firefighting duties, as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Moffat County is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Questions? Contact Human Resources at (970) 824-9195.
Click here to apply