Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 11:59 p.m.
Salary Range: $14.16-$17.70/hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Benefit Status: Eligible for benefits
Performs a variety of moderately difficult clerical functions in support of office/department staff, including: composing correspondence; processing purchase orders; answering the telephone, assisting customers or directing requests to appropriate staff; entering information into computer system; processing accounting; and performing related functions in support of department operations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED; and,
· Two to three years of related experience; or,
· Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
· Notary Public (depending on assignment)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
· Answers telephone, takes messages, screens phone calls, provides information to callers, receives citizen complaints, and directs calls and messages to appropriate person; explains service policies, procedures and rules to callers with questions regarding same.
· Interviews, screens, and greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate area or individual; may answer various inquiries personally; provides information on departmental services and functions.
· Generates purchase orders, to include: preparing requisitions; verifying receipts to purchase orders; verifying signatures; and copying, sorting and/or filing information.
· Assists in coordinating events and programs, including: organizing and maintaining materials and supplies; obtaining contracts and agreements with vendors, contest judges, etc.; recruiting volunteers; confirming speakers; distributing informational materials, invitations, confirmations, etc., to various agencies and organizations; and compiling contest results for payment of premiums and publication of results.
· Develops advertising layouts and types related information; prepares legal notifications for publication.
· Processes basic accounting functions, including: maintaining accounting ledger; reconciling and balancing accounts; making deposits; coding, recording and submitting bills; and submitting reports.
· Maintains and updates database information, manuals and various filing systems; sets up and maintains records retention schedules
· Copies, reviews and records documents; updates legal descriptions, addresses, parcel sizes, valuations and other records.
· Enters information into a computer terminal; uses the computer system to retrieve a variety of daily, monthly and yearly reports; maintains routine financial records.
· Interprets legal descriptions and locates information on maps; maintains and labels maps.
· Organizes meeting sites; prepares materials; takes photographs of subject application sites; sends notifications; attends meetings; prepares agenda; takes notes and prepares minutes.
· Revises applications and forms.
· Maintains and updates leasing information.
· Processes permits; receives and receipts money.
· May deal with sensitive and confidential personnel matters at the direction of senior level staff and/or the department director.
· Maintains and replenishes office supply inventory.
· Prepares reports as requested utilizing a variety of software; receives, sorts, and summarizes material for the preparation of reports.
· Transcribes audio tapes; types and edits documents; compiles documents and photographs.
· Composes correspondence in accordance with standard policies; answers various inquiries; explains policies and procedures and arranges appointments; processes routine and non-routine matters independently.
· Reports administrative and/or operational problems to supervisor.
· Retrieves, opens, stamps, sorts, and distributes incoming, interoffice, and outgoing mail; receives and distributes faxes and email; and checks and maintains voice mail.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Makes travel arrangements.
· Photocopies reports, forms, memos, and other various documents.
· Labels and maintains maps.
· Disseminates a variety of information and/or reports to various agencies, divisions, or departments via telephone, mail, email or FAX.
· May serve as backup for other positions within the department.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Moffat County is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Questions? Contact Human Resources at (970) 824-9195 or (970)824-9108.