HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR – MOTOR GRADER (MAYBELL) (Internal Applicants Only)
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023 11:59 p.m.
Department: Road & Bridge
Salary Range: $23.84 - $29.80/hour.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
Benefit Status: Eligible for benefits.
This position is based out of the Maybell shop.
Main responsibility is maintaining roads in the summer and snow removal in the winter.
This route includes county roads 21, 10, 19, and the town of Maybell along with other routes highly traveled by the ranching community.
Performs functions related to operating heavy equipment related to motor grader position, including: operating motor grader, 10-wheel water trucks, 10-wheel end dumps and 18-wheel belly dumps; maintains roads by blading, plowing of snow, etc.; maintains and installs culverts, signs, and cattleguards; performs equipment maintenance
tasks (changing oil, lubrication, making minor repairs, etc.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
· Must live within 32 miles of Maybell.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or GED; and,
· One to two years of progressively responsible related experience; or,
· Any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
· Valid Commercial Driver's License ‑ Class A, B, with endorsements (depending on assignment)
· Flagging Certification
· First Aid and CPR
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
· Operates a variety of equipment used in road maintenance, including: motor grader, front end loader, compactor, dozer, pickup, backhoe, track hoe, mower, water truck, end dump, belly dump, etc.
· Uses equipment to complete various activities related to department functions, including: rebuilding existing roadways to bring them into compliance with standards; watering roads; checking conditions of roads and removing hazards; repairing bridges and guard rails; blading and/or removing snow; checking, installing, cleaning and/or repairing culverts; repairing or replacing road signs; inspecting and maintaining cattle guards; mowing right of ways; performing excavations and general duties on roads, bridges, ditches, and road access areas; maintaining and patching asphalt roads; transporting equipment as needed; and performing related general labor functions.
· Performs generalized maintenance and safety checks on equipment including: refueling, greasing, changing filters, and checking/changing oil, water, tires, and/or other equipment and vehicle components.
· Documents equipment and safety checks; maintains documents related to scheduled maintenance and equipment servicing.
· Operates various hand and power tools in the performance of routine maintenance duties.
· Performs manual tasks including constructing fences, spreading gravel and sand, and various other support functions.
· Performs traffic monitoring and control including the distribution of barricades, warning signs, safety cones, and the flagging of vehicles.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Operates equipment in fighting wildfires.
· Assists other staff members in completing functions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Moffat County is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Questions? Contact Human Resources at (970) 824-9195.