HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR – TRUCK CREW
Deadline to Apply: Sunday November 5th, 2023 11:59 p.m.
Department: Road & Bridge
Salary Range: $23.84 - $29.80/hour
FLSA Status: Job Title: Non-Exempt
Benefit Status: Eligible for benefits
Performs functions related to transporting equipment and materials and operating of heavy equipment, including: delivering equipment and materials to work sites; spreading gravel; watering roads; sealing asphalt roads; and performing equipment maintenance tasks (changing oil, lubrication, making minor repairs, etc.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or GED; and,
· One to two years of progressively responsible related experience; or,
· Any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
· Valid Commercial Driver's License - Class A.
· Flagging Certification
· First Aid and CPR
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
· Operates a variety of equipment used in road maintenance, including: 18-wheel trucks, 10-wheel trucks, front-end loader, compactor, dozer, motor grader, and pickup. · Uses equipment to complete various activities related to department functions, including: watering roads with 10-wheel dump trucks; hauling materials with 18-wheel belly dump trucks; spreading gravel; hauling equipment to work sites; sealing asphalt roads; and performing related general labor functions. · Performs generalized maintenance and safety checks on equipment including: refueling, greasing, changing filters, and checking/changing oil, water, tires, and/or other equipment and vehicle components. · Documents equipment and safety checks; maintains documents related to scheduled maintenance and equipment servicing. · Operates various hand and power tools in the performance of routine maintenance duties. · Performs manual tasks including sealing asphalt roads and various other support functions. · Performs traffic monitoring and control including the distribution of barricades, warning signs, safety cones, and the flagging of vehicles.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Operates equipment in fighting wildfires.
· Assists other staff members in completing functions. · Performs other related duties as assigned.
Moffat County is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Questions? Contact Human Resources at (970) 824-9195.
Click here to apply