Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, December 6th, 2022 11:59 p.m.
Salary Range: $19.73 - $22.47/hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Benefit Status: Not eligible for benefits
Monitors foot traffic throughout the Moffat County Detention Facility and the public safety center by using closed circuit television monitors and controls movement.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; and
- One to three months related experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to work variable hours.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Detention Officer Certification preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
- Observes television screens that transmit in sequence views of the facility sites.
- Knows the layout of the public safety center and the proper procedures for unlocking/locking doors and facility lockdown.
- Pushes buttons to control movement.
- Answers telephones and transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
- Adjusts monitor controls when required to improve reception and notifies repair service of equipment malfunctions.
- Personally observes inmate activity.
- Possesses the ability to make good/rational decisions.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports administrative and/or operational problems to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Moffat County is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Questions? Contact Human Resources at (970) 824-9195.