SELF-SUFFICIENCY CASE MGR.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday November 7th, 2023 11:59 p.m.
Salary Range: $18.40-$23.00/hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Benefit Status: Eligible for benefits
Performs a variety of beginning to moderately difficult functions associated with eligibility determination, case management and child support establishment/enforcement, including: interviewing; gathering financial data; explaining rules and regulations of various assistance programs; determining eligibility and benefits; initiating cases; maintaining and updating case information; and performing other functions to assist clients in attaining self-sufficiency.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED; and,
· Two years of progressively responsible related experience; or
· Any combination of education, training and experience may substitute proportionately for time which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
· Work is performed under close to moderate supervision as appropriate to the experience and Step progression with periodic review by the manager for accuracy and conformity with program regulations and procedures.
· Performs functions related to various assistance programs including: interviewing applicants; gathering, reviewing and verifying financial and household data; assessing needs; determining program eligibility; applies rules and regulations of various programs; maintaining contact with participants; entering required information into computer systems; calculating and authorizing benefit amounts, grants, retroactive payments and eligibility periods; maintaining filing systems; taking action to approve, modify, deny or terminate eligibility; testifying in court; assessing, calculating and initiating recoveries for over-issuance of benefits; investigating and pursuing fraudulent use of programs.
· Develops self-sufficiency plans with participants; collaborates with the participant, other professionals and agencies to enable participant to meet goals; provide training; refers participants to other agencies for supportive services; monitors participant progress.
· Plans, organizes, and conducts workshops and individual training sessions for clients.
· Maintains accurate case information in computer system and utilizes system and information to efficiently perform job functions.
· Prepares routine and non-routine reports utilizing a variety of software; receives sort, and summarizes material for the preparation of reports; receives and reviews reports; makes corrections; prints various reports; relays and interprets administrative decisions, policies and instructions.
· Interprets and evaluates data to determine appropriate action.
· Prepares documents for administrative and judicial fraud prosecution.
· Organizes and maintains various filing systems.
· Composes correspondence; answers inquiries; explains policies and procedures; arranges appointments; processes routine and non-routine matters in a professional manner.
· Identifies potential problems, proposes solutions, and works with supervision as appropriate to resolve.
· Communicates a variety of information to various agencies, divisions, or departments via telephone, mail, electronic or FAX.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Consults with supervisor, co-workers state department to resolve system problems and policy clarification.
· Keep supervisor apprised of potential problems and difficulties performing job duties.
· Respond to the supervisor inquiries timely and effectively
· Upgrades professional knowledge, skills, and development by attending seminars and training programs and applying information provided by the county and state.
· May serve as backup for other positions within the department.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Moffat County is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Questions? Contact Human Resources at (970) 824-9195.